Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Do you need veneers from your Midtown Manhattan, NY, dentist, Dr. Brandon Huang?
What are veneers?
Veneers are wafer-thin pieces of porcelain bonded on the surface of teeth. Your Midtown Manhattan dentist uses veneers to adjust patients' teeth color or shape.
The versatility of Porcelain Veneers
Veneers beautify your smile by providing good tooth color, shape, and proper alignment. Veneers can improve any of the following characteristics:
Color: Teeth become stained by foods and drinks, smoking, chewing tobacco and aging.
Size & Shape: Teeth become worn down from teeth grinding habits and naturally irregular-shaped teeth.
Alignment & Spacing: Veneers can close small gaps between teeth and/or make minor adjustments to correct tooth alignment.
Limitations of Veneers
Veneers aren't always the answer. You may need orthodontics because veneers can't be used to:
- Correct severely misaligned teeth
- Close large dental gaps
- Extreme tooth decay and decay
- Severe trauma due to an accident or tooth grinding
What does the procedure entail?
- We will examine your teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you. Before our dentist decides that you are a good candidate, he'll first have to deal with any underlying issues, like cavities.
- Some enamel will be removed from the surface of your teeth so that you won't feel like your teeth are protruding once the veneers are placed.
- An impression of your teeth will be taken and sent to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth will be made.
- Your veneers will be cemented to the surface of your teeth.
What are the advantages of veneers?
- Veneers conceal a variety of issues, including teeth with uneven surfaces as well as teeth that are chipped, discolored, oddly shaped, or crooked
- They have great color stability
- They are highly resistant to permanent staining from coffee, tea, and smoking
- Veneers have a long life expectancy
How should I care for my veneers?
It's important to take proper care of your veneers for the sake of appearance and health. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco
- Minimize the amount of coffee and tea you drink
- Brush your teeth twice a day while holding your brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
- Floss at least once before bed to remove food debris
- Avoid dental-staining food, such as blueberries
- Visit your dentist twice a year for regular checkups and professional cleanings to remove hardened plaque
For more information on veneers, call Dr. Brandon Huang's Midtown Manhattan, NY, dental office at (212) 588-1809!
Say goodbye to those embarrassing yellow dental stains.
Do stained, dull teeth have you feeling pretty down about your smile? This is where our Midtown Manhattan, NY, cosmetic dentist Dr. Brandon Huang can help. Just a simple professional teeth whitening session may be all you need to breathe new and brighter life back into your smile.
Professional teeth whitening is an ideal cosmetic option for patients who maintain good oral health but have yellow stains caused by foods, drinks or aging. Yellow stains respond the best to professional teeth whitening.
We will also need to examine your smile to make sure that there aren’t any issues such as receding gums, bleeding gums or cavities. Any active dental problems will need to be treated before getting a teeth whitening treatment. Also, it’s important to know that whitening treatment only works on natural tooth structures and will not brighten dental work such as crowns or fillings.
When it comes to whitening your smile professionally there are two options: You can choose to have our Midtown Manhattan, NY, dentist whiten your smile for you right here in our office or you may choose to have us provide you with the materials you need to whiten at home. The choice is up to you.
If you are looking for the fastest and most significant results from whitening treatment than our in-office whitening system is the best option. After all, most patients get the results they want in just one hour. Plus, the whitening gel is strong, which means that we don’t have to leave it on your teeth nearly as long to produce amazing results. You’ll sit back while we do the work for you.
If you would rather just whiten at home when it works best for you and your schedule then at-home whitening might be the perfect solution for whitening your smile. Some patients also like the fact that at-home whitening is less expensive than in-office whitening. You won’t get results nearly as fast, but you will see results after about one week of continual use.
New York Dental Studio in Midtown Manhattan, NY, is here to provide your smile with the cosmetic or restorative dentistry it requires to look and feel its best. If you want to find out if you are an ideal candidate for professional teeth whitening then it’s time to call our office today to learn more.
Do you wish your teeth looked better? Whether they're dull, chipped, cracked or a bit crooked, veneers can make over either a single tooth or your entire smile. Midtown Manhattan, NY, dentist Dr. Brandon Huang of New York Dental Studio helps you achieve the smile of your dreams with veneers and other cosmetic services.
How Veneers Can Help Your Smile
At first glance, it's hard to believe that a thin layer of porcelain could completely transform your teeth, yet veneers do just that. The tooth-shaped shells are about as thick as contact lenses yet offer superior coverage. They're attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement and cover many imperfections that detract from your smile. Veneers may be a good choice if you would like to:
- Hide Imperfections: Even the tiniest crack or chip in your enamel can be very noticeable the second you open your mouth to laugh, smile, or talk. Veneers cover those little flaws completely and help your problem tooth blend in with the others. Your dentist will choose a veneer shade that matches your other teeth perfectly to ensure that your dental work is completely unnoticeable.
- Fill Gaps: Your Midtown Manhattan dentist may recommend veneers if you feel self-conscious about the little gap between your front teeth. The restorations are an excellent choice if you have slight gaps, but you might need orthodontic treatment for larger gaps.
- Add a Little Length: A few of your formerly uniform teeth may have become shorter over the years if you grind your teeth at night. Veneers offer a simple way to restore their normal appearance. (After you receive the veneers, you may want to begin wearing nightguards to prevent damage to your new restorations.)
- Make Crooked Teeth Disappear: Crooked teeth never seem to hide away in the back of your mouth. Instead, they're front and center, practically begging to be noticed. Luckily, you can disguise oddly shaped teeth by adding a few veneers to them. Veneers can be a good choice if a tooth is crooked, twisted, pointed, or oddly shaped.
- Change the Color of Teeth: Whether you want to brighten one tooth or all of them, veneers are a great choice. They're available in many shades of white and are extremely resistant to stains.
Are you ready to improve your smile with veneers? Call Midtown Manhattan, NY, dentist Dr. Brandon Huang of New York Dental Studio at (212) 588-1809 to schedule your appointment.
Correcting your smile may seem like a monumental task at first, especially if you have many cosmetic issues. However, porcelain dental veneers can help you renew your teeth to ensure that you feel great about the way you look. Find out more about porcelain dental veneers and how they can improve your smile with Dr. Brandon Huang at New York Dental Studio in Midtown Manhattan, NY.
What are porcelain dental veneers?
Dental veneers are wafer-thin dental restorations made from porcelain that cover the surface of a tooth. The veneer masks the tooth’s imperfections and renews its appearance. Before applying a veneer, your dentist must remove a very small amount of your tooth’s enamel layer from its surface. This process creates room for the veneer and aids in the bonding process. While it creates a more realistic and natural look for your veneers, it also deems the procedure irreversible and permanent.
What can I expect during the process for veneers?
Your veneer process begins with a consultation where your dentist will answer any questions and address any concerns you may have. Then, they will prepare your teeth for the veneer and take an impression of the mouth. The dental laboratory who creates the veneer bases its design and customization off of the impression. After about two weeks, your veneers are completed and sent back to your dentist’s office. Then, your dentist will remove any temporary restorations and replace them with the final product.
Porcelain Dental Veneers in Midtown Manhattan, NY
If you think you could benefit from veneers, you should consult with your dentist. Though veneers can make anyone’s teeth look great, not everyone is a good candidate for this procedure. Patients should be in good dental health with no instances of teeth decay or gum disease. Your dentist must first treat these conditions before placing your veneers. A good candidate for veneers also requires a strong at-home oral care routine coupled with a commitment to routine dental examinations and cleanings at least twice a year.
For more information on porcelain dental veneers, please contact Dr. Huang at New York Dental Studio in Midtown Manhattan, NY. Call (212) 588-1809 to schedule your appointment today!
A crown is a tooth-shaped dental implement that helps over two million patients per year hold onto the beauty and resilience of their smiles according to the American College of Prosthodontists. Crown placement is key to restoring a tooth after a significant loss of dental enamel or an injury. At New York Dental Studio in Midtown Manhattan, NY, a dentist will check your smile and tell you if you could benefit from getting a custom porcelain crown.
Dental Crowns: What They Are and What They Do
Unlike bone tissue, dental enamel does not grow back if you improve your oral hygiene, so a damaged tooth has to be reinforced when it loses its strength. Crowns cover up the most vulnerable layers of your teeth, which are more susceptible to disease. They are smooth and polished on the outside, and hollow on the inside. Dentists use them after root canals to replace the dental material that has to be removed for this restorative procedure. Crowns are also commonly used in dental emergencies, such as when a tooth chips during a sports injury.
Placing a crown is a relatively easy procedure, but it will take some time to have a custom device created just for you. At your first appointment with your Midtown Manhattan dentist, the outer tooth matter must be removed to allow room for the hollowed-out crown. You’ll return to the office after a couple of weeks so that it can be permanently cemented to your treated tooth.
If you have been struggling with a soft, weak, or sensitive tooth for some time, you will immediately notice the benefit of your crown when chewing your food or biting into something that's a bit tough. Crowns help preserve your smile health and save teeth, but they are also chosen for cosmetic reasons. Soon after your appointment, you will likely forget that you ever had to have one installed. It will look very natural, feel comfortable, and match the rest of your teeth. You can return to eating your favorite foods and flashing your smile without feeling insecure about how your tooth looks.
Save Your Smile
Dr. Brandon Huang, a dentist at New York Dental Studio in Midtown Manhattan, NY, can save your smile with a dental crown and other beneficial treatments. Call (212) 588-1809 today to schedule a visit to his office.